ARTIST CALL - SUPER GENERIC ART SHOW - LOCAL 412
Opening reception January 6th, 2017
Attention visual artists! We are looking for works to be a part of our second Super Generic Art Show that will run from Jan 6, 2017 to March 1, 2017! www.facebook.com/local412pgh
What do we mean by "Super Generic"? In no way, shape, or form, are we devaluing your art. Instead, "Super Generic" simply means there is no theme for the exhibit. Anything (for the most part) goes! Commission is 60 (artist)/40(gallery)
Guidelines and submission info:
1. Works must be for sale and less than $500 (We like to exhibit art that is affordable for those who visit our space. We ain't the MOMA.)
2. Works must be able to be hung on the wall. Unfortunately, we no longer have space for free standing pieces, or things that sit on countertops.
3. We are a family-friendly space, so while we welcome and encourage pieces that push boundaries, we reserve the right to not include anything that we feel is not a good fit for the space (ex: extreme violence, rape, blood & gore, zombies - ew, etc). Don't get mad. There is a space out there somewhere for you. It just might not be with us. ;)
4. Typically one piece per artist is included in any particular exhibit; however, depending on the number of accepted submissions, artists may be able to show more than one piece.
5. Although we do have space for a couple larger pieces, most works should be 24x24 or smaller.
6. In order to submit for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Super Generic Art Show Submission" in the subject line. Include your name and up to 3 images of works you would like to have considered. The deadline to submit is 12/17 at 11:59pm. Artists will receive notification of acceptance by 12/20 at 11:59pm and will be asked to sign an electronic waiver that outlines all the good stuff, including the commission involved if any art is sold. So make sure you check your email! (After you submit, don't email us. We will email you.)
7. Art drop off is on Weds 1/4 from 4-9pm. If you are not able to make it to drop off your art during that time, please do not submit! There will be other exhibits in the future!
8. Art pick up will be on Weds 3/1 from 4-9pm. If you are not able to pick up your art during that time, please do not submit! There will be other exhibits in the future!